Welcome, Guest     Sign in
ds708 dlc cable

5118 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: 2013-11-13 22:49:29

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    brookie
    2013-10-12 14:34:01
     hi all.
    I want to know if anyone has replaced there dlc cable,  as I find the original one a bit on the stiff side and to short.......can this be obtained from a computer shop.......and what sort of cable is it.....what do I ask for, as I obviously don't want to cause any damage. I know I could take the original with me. ...!

thanks.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-10-15 04:37:00

You mean the test cable? Maybe you should order one from your dealers. I am not sure if it can be found at a computer shop.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    jmechanic

2013-10-15 08:41:51 (Reply to:brookie)

Hi  yes you are right about this cables they dont last very long  every year i have to buy a new one  so have all my friends   it is also very short, I have been looking around for a longer and better replacement   with no luck  I have seen some on ebay they claim is high quality  but I have never tried them  if you run into something please let me know  good luck

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-10-16 03:35:49

You have mentioned that the cable is very short.
    Just for curiosity, how long do you need? I have used the 708 in cars for many times, I think the cable length is enough for me to sit in the driver seat and do the test. 

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-10-16 03:41:31

I have talked to our design engineers. 
    Technically we can provide a longer cable, as an optional. Do you think how much you would like to pay for this cable and how long?

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    brookie
    2013-10-16 06:38:21 (Reply to:Autel Support)
      hi. yes in general the cable is fine......its just sometimes it would be advantageous to be able to move out of fhe drivers seat......for example look in the engine bay while having the tester in your hand.....say for testing a component, but its also to stiff in construction (especially when cold)  in my experience it can strain the connections, especially when the dlc is mounted vertically,  a softer cable would  hang better and not stick out the dashboard and get in your way.

preferences :- softer construction.  better fitting on obd2 connector.
    length:- 3 mtrs.
    money:- for the above, of good quality, I would pay £25/30.

thank you.

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    brookie
    2013-10-16 06:44:14 (Reply to:jmechanic)
     hi jmechanic. .....thanks for  your comments,  glad someone agrees with me. been  looking around but no joy. However,  see if you agree below with my conversation with autels support. ....... hope to see what you think. cheers.

•   Level 4   
    (116) points
    brookie
    2013-10-16 07:15:06 (Reply to:Autel Support)
     to support
    ps........ I think you must understand my point about the cable issue on the 708 as I have just noticed that on your new website, your new device (maxisys)  has a bluetooth for connectivity, for our convenience, no cable. so if poss your help on this matter for us who own the ds708 would be appreciated.

thank you.

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    jmechanic

2013-10-16 08:38:31 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Hi tech support  yes the cable is long enough to reach  the driver seat  the problem is you can't drive and look at the scanner at the same time for security reasons you know  so the cable needs to reach the passenger seat  so the mechanic can diagnose the vehicle while some one else drives  that is mainly the reason also when doing actuation you need to get close to the engine compartment  to make sure you see or here what you are actuating  what I don't know is if they make it longer will it loose connection with the vehicle

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2013-11-10 23:29:19 (Reply to:brookie)

You can goto a computer store and simply get a extension cable that will go between
    original cable and maxidas . Db25 is the cable connector i believe.This was the first
    thing I did when I got my maxidas.
  Total2 Pages